Arria NLG for Power BI
Use Arria’s add-in for Power BI to augment your dashboard with meaningful, automatically-generated narrative insights to support decision making beyond visuals alone.
Take a look at the video introduction, and see below to get the add-in and its accompanying documentation. We also offer a showcase project so you can see the Arria add-in in action.
With Arria’s add-in, you get three options for adding narratives to your dashboard:
- Out-of-the-box insights. This option lets you tell the add-in what it needs to know to automatically generate insights from your dataset. In the add-in’s UI, this is called Configure Narrative.
- Extendable insights. In this option, you are able to quickly customize the out-of-the-box narratives by revising narrative scripts in NLG Studio.
- Programmable narratives. This option gives you the most flexibility, and enables you to create your own custom narratives for specific use cases, with the full programmability of NLG Studio. In the add-in UI, this is called Create Custom Narrative.
Find documentation here:
Take a look at our PBIX created in Power BI using Arria’s add-in.
You can add Arria’s add-in (a custom visual) to your Visualizations pane in Power BI Desktop by clicking the ellipsis. Then choose either Import from file or Import from marketplace.
- Select Import from file if you want to download the .PBIVIZ file directly from Arria with the Download Add-in button below.
- Select Import from marketplace to get the add-in from the Microsoft AppSource. For this option, find the Arria add-in by searching on “arria”, then click Add.
Questions? We’re here to help!